The goal of the legal process of divorce in Massachusetts is to end the marriage and decide issues such as:
- custody of the children
- support for the children
- parenting plan
- division of assets (for example, pensions, stocks)
- alimony (support for the spouse)
- division of personal property (for example, household furnishings, car)
- division of real property (what happens to the marital home)
- division of debts (for example, credit cards, student loans)
- college expenses
- health insurance
A divorce judgment can be based on an agreement between the parties or result from a trial. A mutual agreement is usually less stressful and less expensive than an trial.
Most cases are resolved without a trial.
Should you be in the midst of a divorce or contemplating divorce, contact the Law Offices of Renee Lazar either through email or telephone 978-844-4095 to schedule a FREE one hour no obligation.