Last week it was revealed that the website, Ashley Madison.com had been hacked by a group calling itself "The Impact Team". In case you're not familiar with it, Ashley Madison is a well-known haven for spouses looking to cheat, and its slogan is "Life is short. Have an affair." Yes, it's a repugnant, but apparently lucrative, business.
As many as 37 million users could be affected by this threatened release, which allegedly includes "profiles with all the customers' secret sexual fantasies and matching credit card transactions, real names and addresses, and employee documents and emails." This comes less than two months after another hookup site, AdultFriendFinder, had millions of its information stolen and leaked online.
Let's be clear that there is no such thing as a definitive, 100% accurate marital infidelity quiz. However, there are certain universally recognized signs of a cheating spouse that you should be aware of. Specifically, your marriage may be in danger of an affair if your marriage partner exhibits several of these following behaviors:
- Avoids eye contact with you.
- Talks continuously about the unknowns of the future.
- Shows an increased disinterest in the topic of sex.
- Makes excuses for not spending time alone with you.
- Acts unusually guilty when you do something nice for him/her.
- Quits complimenting you on your physical attractiveness.
- Stops saying, "I love you" and even acts rudely to you.
- Starts buying you gifts to ease his or her guilt.
If you suspect your spouse is cheating on you, there are steps that you should take now to protect your interests.
You are invited to contact our office at 978-844-4095 or via email to request a free one hour consultation. All consultations are confidential, and you owe it to yourself and your children to act before it's too late.