Massachusetts military servicemembers will see a 3.0% increase for 2021 compared to 2020 levels. This applies to active members of the Navy, Marines, Army, Air Force, Coast Guard and Space Force.
The military pay raise will take effect on January 1, 2021 and will be reflected on the January 15, 2021 paycheck.
Factors That Affect Military Pay
- The Annual Pay Raise
- Longevity raises virtually every 2 years (based on the number of years in service)
- Number of Drill Periods (Guard and Reserve only)
- Basic Allowance for Housing Increases: BAH (based on location)
- Basic Allowance for Subsistence Increases: BAS
- And Special Pay(s) (based on occupations: Language Skills, Combat, Flight, Hazardous Duty)