Law Offices of Renee Lazar
CALL RENEE TODAY AT 978-844-4095

Posts tagged "mental illness"

Divorce Actions Involving Incompetent Parties

If a divorce litigant is incompetent, his legal representative, such as a general guardian, conservator or other fiduciary, may sue on behalf of the incompetent person. However, if the incompetent person has no such legally appointed representative then the domestic relations rules specifically allow a person acting as the incompetent's next friend to sue on his behalf.

Law Offices of Renee Lazar
4308 Thompson Farm
Bedford, MA 01730
Phone: 978-844-4095
Fax: 781-687-5807
Map and Directions