What to do After Being Served with Divorce Papers in Massachusetts

On Behalf of | Jan 6, 2016 | Divorce |

What should you do if you’ve been served with divorce papers in a Massachusetts family law case? It can be a confusing and understandably upsetting event, especially if you were caught unaware. Though this is bound to be an emotional time, there are some concrete, important steps you should take to begin to respond to the divorce filing.

First, you should make note of when you received the divorce papers. The date that the papers are officially delivered to you is very important, and it will come into play later when determining the deadlines to file responsive documents with the court. Waiting too long to respond or missing key deadlines can seriously harm your case, sometimes even forfeiting your legal rights.

To read the rest of this article, please click here.

Should you be in the midst of a divorce or contemplating divorce, contact the Law Offices of Renee Lazar either through email or telephone 978-844-4095 to schedule a FREE one hour no obligation consultation.

Set Up A Free Initial Consultation