How will I possibly get by living on my own again? How will the kids be impacted by this? Am I doomed to be alone for the rest of my life?
While those concerns are understandable, it's equally important to focus on the good that can come of being single.
Consider these reasons why divorce is preferable to staying in an unhappy, unhealthy marriage:
1. Marriage may give you a sense of security but divorce gives you a new lease on life.
2. Being a single parent is better than modeling an unhealthy relationship.
3. Divorce clears the way for you to meet the right partner.
4. You get to focus on you for once.
5. Divorce isn't the worst thing that can happen to your kids. Enduring a hostile home life is.
6. There's a big difference between loneliness and solitude.
7. You and your partner may be stifling each other's growth.
8. A happier parent is a better parent.
9. You can devote your energy to other important areas of your life.
10. You deserve a partner who's just as invested in the relationship as you are.
11. You lose a spouse but you gain happiness.
Life is far too short to spend it immersed in an unhealthy relationship. A Massachusetts divorce is preferable to a marriage without love.
Should you be in the midst of a Massachusetts divorce or contemplating divorce, contact the Law Offices of Renee Lazar at 978-844-4095 to schedule a FREE one hour no obligation consultation.