According to a recent survey from Credello of 600 Americans (ages 18 to 44), “money and finances” tops the list of what is important in relationships, especially in a new romance.
Survey respondents were asked to share their thoughts on the connections between love and money, especially when it comes to a person being in debt, and the results are very telling of how important that connection is.
Here are some of the findings:
- 41% of respondents are willing to take on credit card debt up to $2,500 in order to impress a new love interest
- 49% say they would be more comfortable dating someone if they knew their financial status early in the relationship
- 1 in 4 agree online dating profiles should include a person’s debt status.
- 61% plan on paying for romantic getaways and surprises this year by saving for it while 28% plan to finance them with credit card debt
- 35% have hidden debt and/or a large purchase from a romantic partner